sound turned low: a movie blog

"it's like black and white tv with the sound turned low" -- rumble fish

Friday 13 August 2010

My Tutor (1983, George Bowers)


One of my pals from my screenwriting course let me copy zillions of 80s teen films he'd downloaded, and My Tutor was probably one of the worst, haha. Don't get me wrong, there's no bad films when it comes to 80s teen films; they're all pretty terrible (aside from the Hughes films, which are stellar through and through), which is really what makes them so enjoyable. As I was going through the titles and seeing what the films were about, I was certain I'd already seen it, but it turns out every decade has it's own My Tutor-esque film -- sometimes more than one. I remember one variation with Tia Carrere and Jason London.

But, really, there's no excuse for how horrible 1983's My Tutor really it's, to begin with, the high school kid looks about 30 and when he sits in his school bench, it just feels totally wrong.

Also, below you'll find caps of the opening credit sequence, 90 seconds into the film and it's all bumping, grinding and pelvic thrusts.

Worst or best 80s high school film? It's a fine line.















No comments:

Post a Comment