sound turned low: a movie blog

"it's like black and white tv with the sound turned low" -- rumble fish

Monday 21 February 2011

Last Night (2010)

Why there's a six-month delay in the film being released over here, I don't quite understand, but I'm very excited about the release of Last Night next month. Normally, I'd avoid movies about cheating like the plague (seriously, it's been done!), but with the amazing mix of accents in this trailer, I can't wait.

In recent years, probably since Atonement, I've become quite a fan of Keira Knightley's. Although I think she could do with doing less advertisements, she's picked some amazing films to star in; The Edge of Love being my favourite, and Never Let Me Go as another film on my most-looking-forward-to-in-2011-list.

Reviews so far have been pretty decent for Last Night and even if I can't judge the content yet, the film gets major props from me for allowing the actors to keep their natural accents. It's strange to me how New York is always portrayed in films to be such a melting pot, yet all too often non-American actors are forced to adopt some peculiar overly-unoffensive American accent for their adventures across the pond.



PS: Yay, Guillaume Canet!

No comments:

Post a Comment