sound turned low: a movie blog

"it's like black and white tv with the sound turned low" -- rumble fish

Tuesday 20 July 2010

I Love You, Lindsay Lohan

Seeing all the footage today of Lindsay Lohan going into court today and her subsequently being booked into jail made me sad for her. Ever since her holy trilogy of colourful teen films -- Freaky Friday, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Mean Girls, the latter obviously being the very best -- I've been a big fan of hers. She's got a spunk and sensitivity that I think is rare for such a (mainstream) young actress. Vanity Fair has done a 'young starlets' feature numerous times now, but when I think of which young actresses I really admire, Lindsay always pops up.






From her beautiful role in Emilio Estevez's Bobby to some impressive key scenes in Georgia Rule (otherwise a trainwreck), Lindsay always delivers; she's come close to saving numerous bad films she was in. She's shooting a film about 70s X-rated star Linda Lovelace at the moment (let's hope the collagen lips are part of the role) and I'm actually excited about it. The script outtakes sound rather disastrous, but if it's the same Lovelace project Angelina Jolie was once attached to star in, then I'm curious to see what Lohan will come up with.






Linsday Lohan in Bobby

Long story short, I have a huge soft spot for her -- I think she's really talented and hope she'll come out on top. While it's obvious she's made some huge mistakes, it's sad to realise I'm actually three weeks older than her. When you look at her nutjob parents and her career (starting when she was six!), I kind of just want to give her a hug and a nice sandwich.

Good luck, Linds, I hope there's a good script waiting for you once this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment